Friday, November 03, 2006

Adventures in the imdbiverse

Although at times well-observed, the film suffers from a lack of focus - it is often unclear what exactly is being satirised. A missed opportunity. (OMFG THIS MOVIE SUCKED! WHAT WAS THE POINT?? ANYONE WHO LIKED THIS IS A RETARD!) At its heart, it is a film about being human, and as such we can all relate to it. The occasional clumsy joke aside, I would recommend it to anyone with a sense of humour. (ZOMFGZ IF THIS IS TOO COMPLEX FOR YOU GO BACK TO WATCHING 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS, OR DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR -- YOUR FAVOURITES! ASSTARD.)The imdb forums make me sad to be human.

Meanwhile, in a nondescript office on a business park perhaps near you:

THAT ONE GUY in 'Still kickin' it oldschool' -Something's different about you, Carol. Did you lose a load of weight? -I've had my hair done. -Oh, yeah, you're right. Silly me. You haven't lost any weight at all. -Do you like it? -It's good. Much better than what it used to look like. -Are you trying to undermine my self-esteem again? -No, really. You look okay. I'd rate you about a six. -Really? Out of how many? -I don't know. I'm not sure how many I can drink without passing out.(Today's unifying theme is "office-style computer desks".)

No comments: