Sunday, October 01, 2006

Talking hotel reservation blues

*RING* ME: (THINKS: Dammit!) *RING* ME: Hello? RECEPTIONIST: Is this James Typographical Error? Hi, sorry to disturb you. This is the Premier Travel Lodge. I just need to check your details so I can get this whole thing sorted. ME: Okay. RECEPTIONIST: Could you confirm your address for me? Okay. And you're happy for us to cancel the booking? ME: Um, what? No, I... I'm still coming to the hotel. RECEPTIONIST: You DON'T want to cancel it? But when I called earlier, you said I had the wrong number. ME: ... (THINKS: 'But when I called earlier, you said I had the wrong number.' 'But when I called earlier, you said I had the wrong number.' 'But when I called earlier, you said I had the wrong number.')I was going to scan this in colour, like that other one, but it didn't work so well this time. So I present it in standard, dowdy greyscale. This all happened, but I have taken some artistic licence. I would never answer my phone in the car, even if the traffic was as slow as it was.

No comments: