Friday, August 11, 2006

The Rapture

GIRL: HEY! BOY: Oh, hi. Uh, long time no see. GIRL: Yes, it is, isn't it? Anyway, AMAZING NEWS!! I've found JESUS!! BOY: Heh. Yeah? Where was he? GIRL: No, you don't get it! I've embraced the teachings of our Lord and embraced His healing gift of religion!! (SLAP) GIRL: I... I thought you'd be happy for me! BOY: So, do you go in for the whole 'turn the other cheek' thing? (CODA: Eight months previously) GIRL: I swear, these religious nutjobs give me a headache. BOY: Yeah, tell me about it. (THINKS: I am going to marry this girl. I mean, I don't actually believe in marriage. But still. One day I'm totally going to live in a squat with this girl in an open relationship or something. ...it's fate.)See if you can spot the CLEVER SYMBOLISM.

Found written beneath the original:
"Director's commentary: This was originally going to be a conversation between two guys. But then I realised it was a chance to combine my main two interests of Christ-bashing and misogyny! That then gave rise to the whole coda thing."

No comments: